Welcome to My Reel Life blog!
Join me on the journey to know Christ more!
I have the privilege of being tagged by Laura @Beautiful Things and Molly @A Sparkle of Light to participate in the Liebster Award! Thank you so much, ladies, for awarding me! I will do my best to answer both sets of questions for y'all!
For those of you that are not familiar with what the Liebster award is allow me to explain. One blogger nominates eleven other bloggers for the award, then those eleven nominate another set of eleven bloggers for the award! It just keeps getting passed around, allowing bloggers to team up and get their blogs out there! The award is basically a badge that you put on your blog for all to see. There are rules that each nominee has to follow as well. Here are the rules that Laura and Molly gave their eleven nominees to complete and I will be giving you the same rules as well.
So without further ado, let's get started!
1 -Thank the blog that nominated you for the award.
2 - Answer the questions they gave you.
3 - Give 11 fun facts about yourself.
4 - Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award, and give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions from Laura:
1. What is the most courageous thing you have ever done?
Honestly, I'm not quite sure. Perhaps taking care of my mom at the peak of her illness at a conference while also teaching a class and caring for my family and doing the meals. It was a pretty intense week, but God's grace sustained me through it!
2. Do you prefer ice coffee or hot, or do you not like coffee at all?
I rarely drink coffee, but if I do I really enjoy ice coffee. Honestly though, it depends on the mood I'm in. :)
3. What is your favorite holiday?
The 4th of July hands down!
4. What is one of your most special talents?
Good question and this is hard because I have a lot! I guess the most special is my talent to read people and really pick up on what their feelings are right away.
5. What is your favorite book?
Impossible question! Besides the Bible, either "The Boy Colonel" or "Hunting in the Highlands."
6. What is one of the earliest childhood memories you have?
Not the best, but I believe it is the earliest one - throwing up in my car seat. (I've had motion sickness since I was a baby.)
7. Do you prefer cake or ice-cream?
Neither? Okay, I'll probably take the cake over the ice cream.
8. How many books have you read this summer?
9. Cats or dogs?
Again, neither? Definitely dogs over cats though.
10. If you could have any exotic pet...*Any kind guys*, which would you choose?
Hands down a dolphin or thumb monkey
11. What is the best summer vacation you have ever gone on?
What is summer vacation? :P We usually stay home for the entire summer every year so... I can't really answer this question.
Questions from Molly:
1. Do you like snakes? Would you hold one?
No, I don't like snakes. Seeing how I've already held a few in my life, no I don't want to hold one again.
2. What genre of music do you like?
Soundtracks are my favorite!
3. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? (or don't you like ice cream?)
Mint chocolate chip
4. How long have you been blogging?
On and off since 2012 so...seven years.
5. Summer or winter?
6. Inside or outside?
Depends on the weather.
7. Do you prefer to read or write?
8. What's the longest (or closest to longest, if you can't remember) book you've ever read?
Hmm... either "Little Women", "Sherlock Holmes" or "To Have and To Hold."
9. Historical fiction or fantasy?
Historical fiction hands down.
10. Watermelon or cantaloupe?
11. Cloudy or sunny?
Generally cloudy, because cloudy days are rare where I live. :)
Great questions, girls! I enjoyed answering them! Now for eleven facts about me.
1. I have been a child of God since I was 4
2. I participated in the National Bible Bee for 8 years before aging out in 2016.
3. I am a homeschool graduate.
4. My absolute favorite animal is a dolphin
5. I have been an entrepreneur for 7 years now!
6. My personality letters are INFP (occasionally changing to ENFP)
7. My love language is gifts.
8. I'm a budding filmmaker.
9. I'm very musically inclined and have a really good ear for pitch.
10. I am the oldest of 14 kids (seven on earth, seven in heaven.)
11. I have been to over 15 states.
Hope you all enjoyed those random 11 facts about me! :D
I am tagging:
1. Julia @Julia Rose Author
2. Rachel @Compositions for the King
3. J.S. @My Little Hole in the Ground
4. Julia @Drop in the Ocean Manuscript
5. Rebekah @Read Another Page
6. Tizzie/Grace @Tizzie's Tidbits of Truth
7. Caleb @Caleb E. King
8. Caitlyn @Salt and Light
9. C.R. @C.R.Hedgcock
10. Kaylee @Kaylee Kind Of Writes
11. Megan @Perfect Possibilities
Here are the 11 questions I'm asking those of you I tagged!
1. What is your favorite book of the Bible and why?
2. What is your favorite top 3 books?
3. What is your least favorite food?
4. What is your favorite dessert?
5. If you were able to travel back in time, what time period would you go to?
6. What is your favorite holiday?
7. Apple or Samsung?
8. If you could meet anyone from the Bible, who would you want to meet?
9. What is your favorite blog to read?
10. Absolute favorite soundtrack from a movie?
11. Kendrick brothers (Flywheel, Facing the Giants, Fireproof, Courageous and War Room) or Erwin Brothers (Mom's Night Out, Woodlawn, and I Can Only Imagine?
There you have it folks! Hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit better!
Comment below with your favorite answer that I gave to one of the questions! Feel free to answer one of the 11 questions I asked as well in the comment below !
I'm Holly, a creative gal who thrives on adventures, triumphant music, chocolate, inspiring quotes and a good story. I gave my life to the ultimate Storyteller when I was four and have never ceased to enjoy each chapter of life with my amazing family of 9.
Follow my blog!